Sunday, August 06, 2006

Our First Taste of the City of Angels

Friday, August 4th

I was still on Oklahoma time, so I woke up pretty early. We spent pretty much the entire day unpacking. Nothing really eventful happened yesterday other than having internet installed. We went to Ralph's (a grocery store like Homeland) and bought a ton of food and also got the Ralph's discount card. The clerk that was checking us out was really nice and helped us out by giving us his discount even though we didn't have a card yet. He seemed to think it was cool that we just moved here from halfway across the country.

Saturday, August 5th (Yesterday)

More unpacking. Megan talked to Richard and he decided he wanted to take us out and show us around; very cool. He took us to Ventura Blvd and showed us were some cool shops and restaraunts are before we stopped at a sushi place for dinner (I don't know the name). After dinner we went to his apartment and drank some beer while waiting on some of his friends to get ready to go. When they were ready, we went to a bar with a "goth" feel (dark & loud) but it wasn't really "goth" since it was really trendy and everyone there was dressed really, really nice in their faux-goth/punk clothing that's really trendy. We went to another bar after that, one of more traditional feeling. I won't say I had too much to drink, but I will say that the beer is much stronger here than it is at home. Thanks Oklahoma for your crappy liquor laws. We had Richard take us home (he drove all night) after the second bar because we were tired and going out is expensive.

Sunday, August 6th

More unpacking. We went to Belair to see my where my job is and to Malibu to see Pepperdine and go to the beach. Fun was had by all.

No comments: